It’s been a long time coming, but here are the pictures and video clips I took while attending the April 15, 2010 Tax Day Tea Party rally in Washington D.C.
Something to keep in mind…
- I have never been to a rally before.
- I have never been active in politics before.
- I have been both a Democrat and a Republican.
- Finding both of those parties sorely lacking, I am now an Independent.
- I am in my 30’s, have a career and pay my taxes.
- I prefer Samuel Adams beer.
- I am an average American citizen.
- I am angry with my government.
- I am not a racist.
I don’t care what party is in charge, be it Republican or Democrat…both parties had a hand in creating the mess we are in.
I am angry with the bailouts, the moral hazards, the deficits, the wars, the endless social programs, the open borders, the national debt and the slow but relentless deconstruction of our freedoms.
I can report to you that both Tea Party rallies (Freedom Plaza & Washington Monument) were peaceful and racism free.
Protesters at our rally were peacefully left alone.
The Tea Party has three simple demands from all politicians, whether Republican, Democrat or Independent…three…simple…rules…
- Be fiscally conservative
- Uphold the Constitution
- Do not interfere with the free market
These three simple rules are the only ones the Tea Party Movement wants. That’s it.
Leave a Reply